My birth story #1

08:00


I've thought about writing my birth stories for a while now. I really enjoy reading them so though it was about time I told my (our!) stories..……

Harrys birth story;

I was born at 28 weeks so when I fell pregnant in September 2009 myself, my boyfriend & family wondered if I'd carry until 40 weeks!


Well the 29th June 2010 (due date) came and went!
Due date pic!

 After two sweeps we headed to the hospital at 8pm on Fri 9th July so I could be induced.
After Iain went home to get a good sleep in & my Mum arrived I settled off to sleep around 12am.


I remember waking around at 3am with an intense period pain, thinking distraction would be a good thing I trapped down the corridor to the toilet. It did actually take my mind off the pain, after waking a few more times I woke Mum up at 4am as I thought things may be

happening.
I was given gas & air but I sucked it in with a little too much gusto & it made me feel too faint & I then decided I didn't want it at all.
Iain arrived back at the hospital around 7 just as I was being moved to a delivery room as I was having an early epidural at 3-4cm. How I managed to sit still for the epidural I will never know but woahhh it was fab! Within half an hour I was chilled out and wanting to go back to sleep. 


Iain and Mum snuck out to grab some breakfast without me even realising they had gone from the room!
After waking me on their return we talked about names as we didn't know what we were having and had chosen a girls name but hadn't chosen a definite boys name yet! Back & forth we went through the list... 'Harry' we all liked Harry I could see us having a Harry.


So the time rolled round & I was being told I was ready to push...really already. The epidural was reduced & I felt a little of my jelly legs but almighty pain in my right hip despite that with all my strength I started to push (as I have a pacemaker I wasn't allowed to be pushing for any more than an hour).   


After 9 3/4 hours in labour, an episiotomy & help from the ventouse at 1:58pm our 8lb 7.5oz baby was here!
When Iain told me we had a BOY I turned to Mum and said 'I cant buy dresses!!' & 'Does he have Iain's forehead'! But as soon as my gorgeous scrunched up boy was placed on my chest & started nuzzling into me I was instantly in love & not worried about not being able to buy girly clothes & his forehead was perfect size!!
Harry was here, to start off our family adventures.

image.jpeg
Harrys first picture

Very thoughtful, can you spot Mr dinosaur!
 
 
 
 I still cant believe I went over due, had that big a baby & he's now nearly 4!

 He has grown into the loveliest, caring, cheeky boy & he's the best big brother- but that's another story!.
 
 

Follow me on Twitter ~ @lucycreighton11


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Press

TOTS100 - UK Parent Blogs
TOTS100